Get the Best Laser Treatment for Pimple Marks or Acne Scar
It is a common problem faced by both men and women in their teens to 50’s. The best part about this dreaded condition is that it is completely curable. Acne is associated with many a times with turbulent adolescent years and treatment becomes a necessity as acne can severly damage an individuals’ self image.
Before prescribing treatment at our skin clinic, we take into consideration several factors like severity, type of acne, age, skin type, lifestyle, co-existing conditions, hormonal profile and motivation for the treatment. Also there are multitudes of treatment options available with us which are chosen according to timeline given by the patient.
Acne is a common inflammatory skin disease that primarily affects the face, chest, neck and upper back. It’s mainly caused due to an interaction between hormones, bacteria and sebum produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin. The symptoms of acne are comedones (pimples), pustiles (lessions filled with pus) and occasionally cysts. Many think that acne tends to develop at puberty,
however, it’s been seen that several women have acne throughout life or it might develop in adulthood.
Acne can develop premenstrually or might be linked with the talking or stopping of oral contraceptive pills. This is perhaps caused by changing hormone levels.
The treatment for acne depends on severity as mild cases might be alleviated by washing the face with a gentle toilet soap or by drying agents such as benzoyl peroxide which can be found in most acne products. If the acne is severe, then it might require oral treatment with antibiotics such as tetracycline or hormone therapy such as dianette, which also act as a contraceptive. As far as the treatment for this condition is concerned, your doctor or dermatologist might recommend a prescription medication to you to apply to your skin or to take by mouth.
Types of Acne Treatments:
- Over the Counter Treatments: Acne lotions could dry up the oil, kill the bacteria and promote sloughing of dead skin cells. The lotions which are obtained over the counter are usually mild and contain benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, sulfur, salicylic acid or sulfur as their active ingredient. All these products can be extremely helpful for very mild acne. There would also be some side effects from over the counter medications initially such as dryness, skin irritation and flaking.
- Laser-Light Therapy: Laser and light based therapies reach the deeper layers of the skin without harming the skin’s surface. Many think that this treatment damages the oil (sebaceous) glands, causing them to produce less oil. The light therapy targets the bacteria that leads to acne inflammation. Such therapies also helps in improving the texture of the skin and reduce the appearance of scars. The research currently available is not enough and more of it is required to understand the most effective use of light and laser therapies in the treatment of acne.
Procedures such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels might be helpful in controlling acne. These cosmetic procedures, which have conventionally been used to reduce the appearance of fine lines, minor facial scars and sun damage are most efficient when used in combination with other acne treatments. They might cause temporary, stern redness, blistering and scaring and long term discoloration of the skin.
The above mentioned acne treatments are very effective in lessening the acne scars and depending upon the nature of the acne, it might also be able to eliminate it permanently. We at Skin and surgery International provide all types of acne treatments including the above mentioned. We have specialized tools and well trained and experienced dermatologists who with their several years of experience bring thorough professionalism to their task. We have had a very high record of successfully completed acne treatments and if you are the one looking for it, then do call us on the below numbers.
Some of the treatment options for acne, available at our clinic are
- Oral and topical medication
- Antibiotics and gentle bacteria cleanups
- Chemical peels to balance oil secretion, reduce inflammation and to decrease chances of scarring. Number and type of chemical peel sessions and frequency is uniquely customized for each and every patient.
- Acne lasers
- Vitamin A derivatives (retinoids)
- Local anti-inflammatory injections to suppress severe nodular and cystic acne
- Treatment of hormonal imbalance suffering from PCOS or other changes
- Bio-identical hormone replacement/ supplements for PCOS
In addition; we ensure that you choose and use appropriate skin care products to use on your skin during and after acne treatment.