PRP Therapy for Hair Loss
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is a ground-breaking new treatment which relieves pain by promoting long lasting healing of musculoskeletal conditions. It's a quickly emerging technique illustrating immense potential with osteoarthritis of the knee, shoulder, spine and hip, rotator cuff tears, chronic plantar fascitis, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries, pelvic pain, back and neck injuries, tennis elbow etc.
How useful is PRP Therapy?
- The body's initial response to soft tissue injury is to deliver platelet cells.
- Packed with growth and healing factors, platelets kick off repair and attract the critical assistance of stem cells.
- PRP therapy's natural healing process strengthens the body's efforts by delivering a higher concentration of platelets.
- For creating this therapy, a small sample of your blood is drawn and placed in a centrifuge that spins the blood at high speeds, unraveling the platelets from the other components.
- The cosmetician then injects the concentrated platelet rich plasma (PRP) into and around the point of injury, jump starting and considerably strengthening the body's natural healing signal.
- As your own blood is used, there is no risk of a transmissible infection and there is a very low risk of allergic reaction.
How long does the PRP Therapy treatment take?
The entire process takes roughly 1 to 2 hours which also includes preparation and recovery time. This therapy is performed safely in a medical office and it relieves pain without the risks of surgery, general anesthesia or hospital stays and without a prolonged recovery. In fact, most individuals return to their jobs or usual activities right after the procedure.
What are the anticipated results of this Therapy?
As the goal of PRP therapy is to resolve pain through healing, it could be immensely effective to have lasting results. One can see initial improvement within a few weeks, slowly increasing as the healing progresses. Research has shown PRP therapy to be extremely effective at relieving pain and returning patients to their normal lives. Both MRI images and ultrasound have shown definitive tissue repair after this therapy, thus confirming the healing process.
FAQs for PRP Therapy:What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
PRP or platelet rich plasma is derived from the patient's blood. It's a treatment which relieves pain by promoting long lasting healing of musculoskeletal conditions.
What are the potential benefits of this treatment?
Patients might see a considerable improvement in symptoms, as well as a remarkable return of function. This might eradicate the need for more aggressive treatments, such as long term medication use or surgery.
How soon can I go back to regular work?
PRP therapy helps regenerate tendons and ligaments, but is not a quick fix. This therapy is stimulating the growth of new tissue, needing time and rehabilitation.
Is PRP right for me?
If you have a tendon or ligament injury or degenerated joints and conventional methods haven't provided lasting relief then PRP therapy might be the solution.
If you want to opt for this treatment then you can visit our clinic or call on the given numbers.